Thursday, October 11, 2012

GFree Connect :: Gluten Free Care Packs {Review}


 Eating gluten free has improved my health and my overall well-being in many ways. But my journey to get to this point so far has admittedly been frustrating and discouraging at times. When I first decided to go gluten free, I felt lost and completely doomed to boring food forever. Little did I know that a mostly whole foods diet is achievable and there are plenty of gluten free alternatives out there that I CAN eat! I wish I had known about the amazing Care Packs from GFree Connect back then. Through their partnership with various gluten free brands, GFree Connect is able to send out a gluten free care pack full of samples, resources and coupons each quarter. It's an amazing way to discover gluten free companies and also receive relevant information and resources regarding celiac disease (pertains to gluten intolerance as well). They also have articles, links to gluten free bloggers, events, support groups, and local health professionals on their website as a way to help you successfully adhere to a gluten free diet. GF doesn't have to been discouraging or difficult!

The GFree Care Pack I received had 22 edible samples that included gluten free crackers, pretzels, bars, popcorn, cookies, chips, bread, tea, gum, and even oat bran and a baking/pancake mix. I was in heaven when I opened my Care Pack to find some full size packages and nice large samples too!

Along with all the edible goodness that I began opening right away (I went for the Skinny Pop first - delish!), I also received a folder with coupons and resources. The assortment of coupons was awesome. Two of them were actually free products coupons (Vegenaise and an Amy's burrito/wrap), and most of the money off coupons were for $1 off. The brochures and informational resources were from organizations like the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), Celiac Sprue Association (CSA), and the Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF). The GIG shared information about labels and also listed a bunch of foods that may contain gluten that I should be cautious about. It's one thing to do research online, and another to focus on one area covered in a brochure. It's a whole lot easier and less overwhelming! I learned quite a bit from the information included and I think it really rounds out Care Pack.

GFree Connect Care Packs are all about discovery. Even as a blogger with exposure to a large amount of gluten free companies at this point in my GF journey, I still found some new ones!! I also got to try plenty of snacks I had heard of but hadn't tried yet. The Glutino pretzels for example...they were absolutely amazing! No one would ever be able to guess that they are gluten free. The texture and flavor was exactly the same as I remember any other pretzel being. I now have a gluten free alternative to make chocolate dipped pretzels for the holidays this year! One of the coupons in the Care Pack was a BOGO coupon for Glutino. I can't wait to try some of their other products now! I also really enjoyed being able to redeem my Vegenaise free product coupon and select the variety I wanted. They were all gluten free (from what I remember), but it was wonderful to have the choice to select the one that is also soy-free as well. GFree Connect has obviously partnered with some amazing brands to brings this Care Pack into existence. I loved being able to sample everything without the risk of wasting an entire package too!
 
  Eating gluten free can be a challenge, especially if you're on the go and need easy snacks. GFree Connect has you covered! For just $29.99 per quarter ($19.99 + shipping for your first one!), GFree Connect Care Packs are an incredible value and excellent way for gluten freebies like myself to feel encouraged in the journey to a healthier, GF life. Know of someone recently diagnosed with Celiac or a GF friend that needs a boost? Sent them a GFree Connect Care Pack! The next Care Pack ships out November 1st so order yours today! 

Connect with GFree Connect on Facebook and Twitter

 
Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product(s) to facilitate this review for free. No other compensation was received. This is my completely honest opinion above and may be different from yours. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.

1 comments:

karenmed409 said...

Thank you for the review, my aunt always has the family look for products that are gluten free for her.. this would make a great holiday gift to her. With the samples it makes it easier to look for a certain product that is gluten free.