Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The National Heirloom Exposition in Santa Rosa, CA :: September 11-13, 2012



The 2nd Annual National Heirloom Exposition in Santa Rosa, California is HERE!! I had the pleasure of attending today (9/12), and will be returning tomorrow too for the last day of the event (9/13). This extremely successful and HUGE event is all about the pure food movement, heirloom vegetables, and anti-GMO activism. Count me in!! 

Knowing that my mom lived just 15 minutes away from the event I knew I had to check it out! What a great excuse to make a trip to Grandma's house! :) This event features over 15,000 gardeners, chefs, farmers, businesses and speakers AND the world's largest produce exhibit!! Tons of my favorite businesses were there including Amy's Kitchen, Clover Stornetta, Whole Foods Market, Bulk Herb Store and so many more! Today was also School Groups Educational & Fun Day so it was the perfect day to take Buddy since there were tons of activities that were pretty kid-friendly. We missed the California State Fair this year and I was so bummed. But being the semi-crunchy mama that I am, this event is WAY more up my alley and it's all the parts I love about the State Fair and much more! Here are just a few photos I'd like to share with you. I hope some of you are able to make it tomorrow!





0 comments: