Sunday, May 24, 2015

Chipotle's "Cultivate Thought" Essay Contest

Calling all middle and high school students (age 13-18)! May 31st is the final submission date for Chipotle's "Cultivating Thought" Essay Contest. Chipotle will be awarding TEN winners a $20,000 scholarship and their story on Chipotle packaging. Visit CultivatingThought.com/EssayContest for complete details and contest rules.

The contest theme asks students to focus on a time when food created a memory. What other restaurant out there is as progressive as Chipotle when it comes to provoking intellectual thought about food? Bringing the perspective of students to the mix is a great way to encourage our next generation of adults to think about what they are eating and the role food plays in our lives.

This post is brought to you by Chipotle. All opinions are 100% my own.

My perspective on food and its quality changed dramatically when I became an adult, but the foundations of my relationship with food were set throughout my childhood. I have fond memories of my mom cooking in the kitchen and serving our family with the dishes she labored over every night at family dinner. Fortunately, my mom cooked a lot of things from scratch or near scratch using wholesome ingredients. I think Chipotle would be impressed. I consider Chipotle one of the only reasonably priced restaurants that provides food wholesome enough to compare to my mom's cooking. As I write this post, I'm eating Chipotle left overs from last night. 

What fond memories do you have about food? Do they include artificial ingredients? GMO's? Who knows these days, right? I don't want bad food practices and lots of artificial ingredients to be in the bodies of my family or in my memories. Luckily, our nation's food culture is progressing. I attribute a lot of the progression to places like Chipotle! Their ingredients are simple, and Chipotle is proud of it.
 

3 comments:

MikiHope said...

Back when I was growing up there were lots of additives etc (including pesticides) so even though home cooked meals were the norm that did not mean you were getting, what we consider today, safe food! I do like that Chipoltes is giving scholarships and yea, I do love their food.

Shelly Peterson said...

What a great contest they are running, this is a great way to get teens to think about food.

Rebecca Swenor said...

The food now days is actually getting better as far as there are more organic along with natural foods available. This sounds like an amazing contest for kids and I will have to share this with my sister for my nephew who is 13