Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Local Fun :: Shopping at DownEast Basics in Roseville



Last night I had the privilege of attending a "Blogger Mixer" at my local DownEast Basics retail store in Roseville. It was so much fun to check out the super-cute, hip new arrivals, sales and deals, and talk fashion with my sister-in-law who enjoyed her first time in a DownEast Basics store. With wall to wall tops, dresses, jeans, skirts, outfits, and accessories, you won't be able to just walk in and out without picking up something new to freshen up your wardrobe!

I love stores where I'm not bombarded with sales associates trying to make another sale. I understand why they do it but it just doesn't make for a good experience. The gals at my Roseville DownEast Basics though are fabulous, so welcoming, and ready to help in a moments notice. The manager, Maggie, is a sweetheart and even remembered me from my store review visit back in December! Now that's what I call truly being involved with your customers which she clearly cares about. Shopping at this location is a relaxing, pressure-free experience!

I snagged this outfit while I was there (minus the lace tank which I think I'm going to have to go back and get!). This is the Waters Edge Maxi Skirt, the Printed V-Neck Tank in Teal, and layered on top is the white lace tank that I can't seem to find on their website. I've been searching for a comfy, functional yet totally stylish maxi skirt for a while now so I was thrilled to find this! It also comes in a bunch of other colors too. Once again I was so impressed with how well everything fit. I was a true size small in everything I tried on which was really nice so I didn't need to go back out of the dressing room to grab new sizes. The quality seems to have actually increased since my visit in December, but maybe it's just the current collection that I'm loving so much! I can't wait to shop at my local DownEast Basics store really soon!


Connect with DownEast Basics on Facebook and Twitter!

 

Disclosure: I received a gift card for attending this event. No other compensation was received and no expection of writing about it was expected. This is my completely honest opinion above and may be different from yours. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.

5 comments:

Dena said...

I just received a shirt from them and love it! I didn't know they has stores. I am going to check to see if there are any around me!

Diane said...

I didn't know they had physical stores either - I wish they would open one in my area! I love stores where their associates don't follow you around - I hate feeling like im being watched!

Holly said...

I totally agree with you about the amount of sales associates on the floor trying to score the next sale. I understand it, but I used to have severe anxiety issues and there is still a touch of it that lingers in me and when I am bombarded by people trying to sell me something I just kind of stand there all like "Why do you keep talking to me? Just let me look and buy something on my own!"

I love the outfit you picked out and I am glad you had a good time at the blogger mixer!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

You look absolutely wonderful!!! You are gorgeous and that outfit is awesome! Glad you had fun!

Kathy Cabrera said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to come! We enjoyed having you! - Kathy Cabrera, www.DownEastBasics.com