Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jody's Gourmet Popcorn Review and Discount


Jody's Gourmet Popcorn has a huge array of tempting treats and more popcorn flavors than I've ever seen. Jody's started off with four popcorn flavors in 2005, and has grown to now offer 23 flavors, along with 15 flavors of fudge, gourmet caramel apples, and many other homemade savory delights!

I was really excited to learn I would have the opportunity to try Jody's Gourmet Popcorn. I LOVE popcorn. I could devour an entire bag from the store in 20 minutes, and not realize it's gone until it is. Yes, it's that bad. My first job as a teenager was working at a movie theater in the snack bar...serving and popping popcorn all day. I know think that has something to do with it. :) Here is what I thought of the 3 flavors I received! 

Recipe 53 Caramel Corn: My favorite of the three. I like the thick coating of caramel flavor over the popcorn, and the harder crunch you get than with the Funfetti popcorn. It has a rich caramel, buttery flavor, and I couldn't put it down! It took 52 recipes to get to this perfected recipe. I can see that a lot of time and effort went into developing this flavor.

Chocolate Drizzle: The popcorn itself is the same Recipe 53 Caramel Corn, but with dark and white chocolate drizzle on top. To be honest, I really couldn't taste the chocolate though. It was plain and almost tasteless. I even tried a few pieces of just the chocolate to make a better assessment of what I was tasting. It still didn't have a rich dark chocolate taste in my opinion. I love popcorn, and I love chocolate. But this, was not a great combo for me personally. Although it was not my favorite, Hubby really enjoyed it. He's no longer allowed to say he doesn't have a sweet tooth. :)

Funfetti: This variety was lighter in texture than the Caramel Corn, and had a more sugary taste. It really just tastes like a sweet, super sugary popcorn. I couldn't eat much of this flavor because it was THAT sweet! Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of food dyes and this popcorn clearly has a ton of it. However, this would be a great choice for parties or other fun events.

I would love to try their Kettle Corn, White Cheddar, and Movie Popcorn. The Choco Toffee Fudge looks delicious too!

Be sure to check out Jody's Gourmet Popcorn on Facebook and Twitter and keep up to date on specials and announcements!

 ***Discount Alert!***
Get 15% off your entire order through www.jodyspopcorn.com when you enter MOM15 at checkout!

Price: A 7-8 oz bag (regular size) starts at 3.95 for Caramel Corn, and goes up to 7.95 for flavors like Chocolate Drizzle for the same size. I think this to be pretty reasonable. Plain buttered popcorn at a movie theater would cost you about $4 for about the same amount but here you get something fancy!

The Verdict: Jody's Gourmet Popcorn has a great selection of yummy treats to choose from.
Overall, each flavor popcorn was very fresh, and the popcorn used was light and fluffy. While I wasn't too keen on two of the popcorn varieties I received to review, there are many other flavors I think I would love. 




Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. This is my completely honest opinion above and may be different from yours.

0 comments: